Christmas is a time of celebration and merry making and every celebration remains incomplete without indulging in delicious food with friends and family.
The joy is further increased if the food is home made and prepared with love. This Christmas, instead of buying a Christmas Fruit Cake , why not make one yourself at home? It’s super easy and tastes absolutely delicious!
- 1 Tropical Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Tropical Cup Butter (unsalted)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Tropical Cup Plain flour
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 4 tbsp Condensed milk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder (dalchini)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg powder (jaiphal)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder (elaichi)
- ½ Tropical Cup Apple juice or 1/3 Tropical Cup Orange juice
- 1 Tropical Cup Mixed dry fruits (sultanas, raisins, cherries, prunes, dates, mixed peels) roughly chopped
- 1 Tropical Cup Mixed nuts (walnuts, cashew nuts, almonds) roughly chopped
• Pre-heat your oven to 180 degree Celsius.
• Add roughly chopped mixed fruits and nuts to fruit juice in a Bowl and mix well.Leave it to stand for at least 15 – 20 minutes.
• Add butter and brown sugar in another Bowl.
• Fold butter and brown sugar with the Whisk, till it becomes light and fluffy.
• Add the above soaked dry fruits and nuts, condensed milk in to the butter mixture.
•. Using Silicone Spatula fold flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt,cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg powder into the butter mixture.
• Pour the batter into Princess Round Silicone mould and bake for 35 – 40 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
• Cool, demould and serve.
Wasn’t that super simple? This recipe was brought to you by Chef Ayesha Nallaseth,Culinary Product Specialist at Tupperware India. Tupperware is one of the world’s leading direct selling companies with the largest women’s network, marketing premium food storage, preparation and serving items. Tupperware started its operations in India in 1996 as a premium kitchenware brand and is slowly moving towards being a complete conservation and culinary brand.
Tupperware products are manufactured using 100% virgin food-grade plastic and advanced technology to ensure quality and performance, while always focusing on meeting strict safety standards.